An ancient bookshop that can be found in Funchal in a 16th century Palace. Was founded in 1886 by Jacintho Figueira de Sousa and since then it has been cultural and historically part of Madeira Island. One of the biggest in Portugal and 2nd in the world!
The building called Bookstore Chardron or more precisely Lello Bookshop & Brother was built with this only purpose and is located in Rua das Carmelites, No. 144, OPorto. Was inaugurated on January 13, 1906, and the responsable for this project was Xavier Esteves, a distinguished engineer at the time. In Gothic style, a wide segmental arch, […]