Property of public interest, Villar d’Allen is a survivor of the small farms that in the 18th and 19th Century encircled the city of Oporto. Acquired by John Allen, English businessman in 1839, it has a building of eclectic architecture, typical of romanticism century.
Villar d’Allen keeps the garden ‘à la française’ created by previous owner Simões in 1780, the ‘parterre gardenesque “designed by John Allen in 1839’, the romantic gardens, created in 1860 by Alfredo Allen, with lakes, streams and waterfalls and artificial a variety of exotic plants. Also some Nasomi striking sculptures.
It has a outdoor ornamental plants nursery.